This year promises to be a great year for Black Friday deals on Amazon. From everything Tech, Camera and Photo, Electronics, Personal Computers, Video Games, and Software. There are sure to be great deals to be had for everyone. Especially us cord-cutters!
So what are the best Black Friday deals on Amazon this year? In this article we will link you to all the top categories and all the best Black Friday deals on Amazon – especially for cord-cutters. The best part is, when you shop at Amazon there are no lines!
Now don’t get me wrong, there was something a little bit magical about beating that midnight rush and being the first to grab those door-crasher deals. For most of us though, the hustle and bustle of crowds, the pushing and shoving, the long lines, the dirty looks…who needs them…Amazon to the rescue.
Best Black Friday Deals on Amazon
For the purpose of this article we are going to focus on the best Black Friday deals Amazon that will appeal to our readers. So if you’re looking for clothing, baby stuff or lawn tools, you may want to look elsewhere. Here are the items that we are going to be focusing on:
- Black Friday deals on televisions
- Black Friday deals on media streaming boxes
- Black Friday deals on antennas
- Black Friday deals on desktop PCs
- Black Friday deals on laptops
- Black Friday deals on cameras
Things to consider when buying a new television
We all know Amazon is a great source for your next HDTV. With Amazon’s Black Friday Event on the horizon, it’s time to think about what features you want before you buy it.
There are many things you need to consider before buying your next TV. To help in that decision making process, I’ve compiled a short-list of questions you need to ask yourself while browsing Amazon’s wide selection of Black Friday Discounted Television Sets.
Some things to consider are:
- Resolution – what kind of resolution are you looking for? 8K, 4K, or is 1080p enough?
- Smart TV – are you looking for a Smart TV or is a non-Smart TV all you need?
- Operating System – do you need an Android TV or okay with Android variants?
- Room size – how much room do you have between you and your new television?
- Room lighting – how bright or dark is the room where you’re putting the TV?
- Mounting – how do you intend to mount the TV? Wall-mounted or table-top?
- Speakers – do you need built-in speakers or are you opting for soundbar or surround sound?
Things to consider when buying a media streaming box
As every cord-cutter knows, we rely heavily on our media streaming capabilities. This is why it is important that you choose the right media streaming box for the job. Some things to consider when selecting one of the great offerings this year:
- Operating System – Are you looking for Android TV, Open-Android, Fire TV, Roku, Apple?
- Processing – are you a heavy user or someone who just looking to stream?
- Gaming – from the previous point, are you looking to do gaming on your streaming device?
- Kodi – do you stream Kodi, do you require a box that can easily stream Kodi?
Things to consider when buying an antenna
Of course, Amazon is a great place to purchase over-the-air (OTA) antennas. Free-to-air television is the backbone of the cord-cutter community and Black Friday promises to deliver in this category as well.
We’ve done many articles here on AntennaJunkies that discuss and review antennas. I encourage you to explore the site, I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for.
To get you started in the right direction, especially if you are new to cord-cutting or contemplating cutting the cable cord. I’ve put together a Station Locator page that I highly recommend you check out.
On it you’ll find a great tool that will tell you all the channels available in your area for free. Simply enter you zip code (don’t worry it’s not saved) and click Go. Then voila! All the over-the-air channels available to you in your area.
Below is a video where I walk you through everything you need to know to use the Station Locator tool and interpret the results.
The results from the Station Locator tool will largely determine whether or not you can go with an inexpensive indoor antenna, or you’re going to need an outdoor antenna.
Of course, when at all possible I always recommend you go with an outdoor antenna. Check out our review of the 10 best outdoor antennas right now!
Things to consider when buying computers
When shopping for your new rig you’ll want to ensure that what you buy will not only serve your current needs but also your future needs. Perhaps the most important thing is knowing what you intend to use the computer for.
Here are some things to consider before browsing the best Black Friday Computer Deals:
- The type of processor. Here you have two broad choices AMD or Intel. AMD chips tend to be a little cheaper, however, will under-perform Intel chips when comparing apples to apples.
- How much RAM or computer memory you’re going to need. Someone who’s just looking for day-to-day type computing power is going to have very different memory requirements then someone looking for a gaming rig.
- Hard Drive type and storage capacity. You will get a big performance boost if you go with an SSD (Solid State Hard Drive) versus a traditional mechanical spinning hard disk drive (HDD). That said, for similar storage capacity, an SSD will cost more than a standard HDD so this is something you need to consider.
- Graphics power. Again, this will have a significant impact on cost. If you’re someone just looking to do simply day-to-day computing tasks, then an integrated or lower-end graphics will be all you need. However, if you plan on doing gaming, any CAD design work, or video/image processing I recommend you look for those machines that advertise graphics capabilities.
- The operating system you prefer. Your two major choices here, Windows or Mac.
- The last thing you’ll probably want to consider is the price. You can spend anywhere from $500 to $5000 if you wanted to, so have a budget in mind before you head over to the best Black Friday Computer Deals on Amazon.
Things to consider when buying cameras
Lastly, let’s look at some important consideration you should think about before purchasing your next camera. Cameras come in all shapes and sizes, and this year’s deals on cameras promises to deliver great prices.
So what should you look for when buying your next camera:
- Camera type and megapixel. The camera type and image sensor are one of the most important aspects to consider. Without getting too technical, you are going to be looking at one of two types. Either mirrorless, which tend to be smaller, more compact, point and shoot type cameras. Or DSLR, which is bulkier but more flexible in terms of lens selection and tend to offer higher megapixel.
- Lens type and selection. You’ll want to think about the type of photography you will be doing and what lenses you are likely to need. Be sure that whatever camera you choose is compatible with the lenses you need or already have.
- Price. Of course, as with most things, price is ultimately going to be the determining factor. Before you go shopping for the best Black Friday deals on cameras, have your budget in mind.
Black Friday Deals – Recap
Well there you have it, all the best in tech available this year. The intent of this article is to give you some things to think about before you buy and, of course, provide a collection of links directly to the best black Friday deals on Amazon.
The Black Friday deals this year promise to be better than ever!