Using a Bluetooth keyboard for your Firestick can provide so many unique benefits.
While the Amazon Fire TV Stick is one of the most popular TV boxes available in the market, it has one major downside in that you can’t access the Google Play Store directly.
Thus, if you want to install Apps that aren’t available on the Fire TV Stick by default, then you must sideload the application.
Using a Bluetooth keyboard will significantly help in this sideload process, and there are a lot of Android applications that can be beneficial for Firestick users.
This includes apps that will allow you to stream high-quality movies, sports events, and others that are otherwise unavailable on Fire TV.
In this guide, we will discuss some of the best keyboard products for the Amazon Fire TV stick available right now.
Depending on the type of keyboard you choose, you may require some additional hardware. We will discuss this in detail next.
How To Connect a Keyboard To a Firestick?
Pairing a Bluetooth keyboard (and mouse) with your Amazon Fire TV or Stick is fairly simple, and you can follow the following steps:
- Go into the Settings tab on your Fire TV/Stick, then go to Controllers and Bluetooth Devices
- Click Other Bluetooth Devices, and then Add Bluetooth Devices
- Place your keyboard or mouse in pairing mode. This might vary depending on the keyboard/mouse model, but typically you can do this by simply pushing the button that activates this function.
- The Amazon Fire TV/Stick will now scan for nearby Bluetooth devices and connect your Keyboard once it is detected
- Test that all buttons work properly on the keyboard (or mouse)
If the keyboard is USB or wireless, then you’ll need to consider the fact that the Firestick (at least, the newer models) does not feature a standard USB port.
So, you’ll need to purchase a 2-in-1 Micro USB to USB Adapter (OTG Cable + Power Cable) to connect the USB dongle or USB keyboard to your Fire TV Stick.
Luckily, an OTG cable is pretty inexpensive and will allow you to USB enable your Fire TV Stick.
Simply plug the USB dongle of the keyboard to the female full-size USB connection on the OTG, and connect the rest of the cables of your Firestick to the male and female micro USBs.
Your keyboard should now function properly.
What is the Best Keyboard for Amazon Fire TV Stick?
Our top pick for the best keyboard for Amazon Fire TV Stick is the Fosmon Mini Bluetooth Keyboard.
It is a compact Bluetooth keyboard that also offers a touchpad and useful shortcut buttons that are commonly available only in full-sized keyboards.
We’ll have a full review of this product below. However, if you are still not sure whether this is the right choice for you, below we will also discuss 9 other options in our top 10 picks.
Let us begin right away from the number ten.
10 Best Keyboards for the Amazon Fire TV Stick
So you want to see some of the other keyboards we tested. Great! In this section we will run down the top 10 best keyboards for Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Supports Android, iOS, Windows, and macOs, versatile
- Compact size (9.7 x 5.9 x 0.24 inches) and lightweight (0.37 pound)
- 7 distinctive backlight color with 2 brightness stages
- Auto sleep for better energy efficiency
- 6-month battery life, rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- 24-month warranty
- Includes Arteck backlit Bluetooth keyboard, USB charging cable, instructions manual
Pros and Cons
- You can also use this keyboard with any Windows/macOS/iOS/Android devices besides the Firestick
- Very lightweight and compact
- Good typing feel
- Fast and easy pairing
- Powered with a rechargeable Li-Ion battery, USB charging cable included
- Too small if you want to use a palm rest
- Doesn’t include a numeric pad
- Bluetooth 3.0 wireless keyboard, faster and more stable than 2.4 GHz wireless. Up to 24 Mbps transmission speed.
- 3 in 1 Multi-functional wireless Keyboard and Mouse: Perfectly replace the original remote, Smart TV, and keyboard.
- Press the ‘OK’ and ‘TV’ at the same time for 5 seconds to enter the connection state for the air Mouse function
- Backlit wireless keyboard design
- 2 years warranty and 24-hour customer service
Pros and Conc
- Affordable considering its set of features
- Useful air mouse feature (you can simply aim the keyboard as a remote to your TV screen and use it as a mouse)
- Full QWERTY keyboard in a 3-in-1 (remote, keyboard, mouse) design
- Functional dedicated volume buttons, power button, and media buttons
- Requires AAA batteries (not included)
- Sometimes the remote will ignore keyboard input in keyboard mode
- Sleek and portable, ultra-thin (less than 1/4 inch). lighter and slimmer than other portable keyboard selling in the market
- Real “hard” laptop style keyboard with high end ABS material. A spring mechanism underneath each key ensures a tactile response with every stroke, helping you to type faster and with less error than on a touch screen
- Built-in rechargeable lithium battery provides for 100 hours of uninterrupted usage, while auto-sleep feature saves power and ensures you get the most out of every charge
- Package includes: Slim Wireless Keyboard, USB cable, instruction manual. Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth V3.0; Working range: 10M; Size: 9.7″L x 5.9″W x 0.2″H (247mm*150mm*6mm)
Pros and Cons
- Laptop-style keyboard design, ergonomics, and intuitive
- Touchpad underneath the keyboard for mouse functionality
- Compact and portable with just 4mm thickness
- USB-rechargeable, easy to use anywhere
- The touchpad is not supported on certain OS
- Bluetooth 3.0 connection might be obsolete
- Ultra-slim design, only 13 mm thickness. 4GHz Wireless Keyboard with touchpad perfect for your Amazon Fire TV
- Wireless QWERTY keyboard and touchpad combo, X-style quiet keys and multi-finger touchpad (3.8inch), built-in high sensitive smart touchpad with 360-degree flip design.
- Auto-sleep feature for saving battery
- 12-Meter (40-feet) wireless range: ensures trouble-free connection in the largest room.
- Back cover – high strength aviation aluminum with a charming metallic luster.Built-in Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Up to 12 months warranty
Pros and Cons
- Great touchpad feature, intuitive and easy to use
- Double-tap functionality
- Relatively slim
- Great battery life with auto-sleep mode
- Rubber grip for durability and more comfortable handling
- Wireless connectivity, need adapter to connect the dongle to your Firestick
- No Shortcut Keys for Volume, Search or media playback
- Bluetooth mini wireless keyboard, the combo of mini keyboard and touchpad and mouse and tv remote, all in one
- IR learning feature, programmable with a tv remote to navigate tv basic function(Power on/off、Volume up/down, etc)
- New layout design, ergonomic keyboard with the new location of touchpad and mouse right/left button, much easy to select、copy and paste; Touchpad and keyboard lock button to prevent the misuse from child
- RGB backlit keyboard, three kinds of backlit color for your option; Rechargeable battery keyboard, work for several months after fully charged
Pros and Cons
- Multi-color backlight, aesthetically pleasing
- Great touchpad functionality, very useful
- Comprehensive and customizable media controls
- Dual-keypad design, you can also use it as a basic game controller if you want
- When the battery is low, the touchpad might have issues
- Some key placements might be rather odd
- Support Bluetooth 4.0 and 2.4GHz RF connections
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery control it in your home theater
- Wireless remote on your couch: text/surf the internet/play games with just one remote/keyboard
- 4 GHz dongle included (no dongle required for Bluetooth)
- Convenient and lightweight pocket-sized Dual-mode Mini Wireless Bluetooth keyboard perfect for gaming and travel.
- Up to 12-month quality guarantee and 30 days money back warranty
Pros and Cons
- Excellent battery life
- Versatile, you can also use it for gaming
- Backlit keys for better visibility
- Intuitive mouse-like inputs
- Good button placements, ergonomics
- Keys are relatively small, so thumb-typing can be hectic at times
- Fairly limited selection of shortcut keys
- Minimalist 2.4 GHz wireless keyboard and a precision mouse
- Doesn’t have a 10-key number pad, but a Compact and portable keyboard
- Includes an ultra-thin silicone keyboard cover
- 4 GHz wireless provides a powerful, reliable connection up to 10m. One small Nano receiver connects both the mouse and keyboard to your computer.
- Comfortable typing precise control, good resilience fast response and reduce the press sound with high-end scissor switches for the keyboard
- Only 0.4 cm thick and 240 g weight, compact and lightweight
- 3 DPI levels (800/1200/1600) for the mouse Optical tracking technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice, quicker response, more precise movement, and smoother tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
Pros and Cons
- High-quality waterproof build with silicone material
- Keyboard and mouse included, with a highly responsive 1600 DPI mouse
- Keyboard is small, thin, and lightweight with high-quality switches
- Easy installation
- Excellent wireless connectivity
- Need an adapter to connect the dongle
- Keyboard is relatively noisy/clicky
- Keyboard is not full-sized (no numeric keys)
- 4GHz keyboard with 2 in 1 USB cable for your Firestick. Plug the USB dongle of R9 keyboard into the USB adapter.
- R9 mini keyboard has over 180,000 backlit colors available and four backlit models, Powerful features allow you to have more choices to enjoy your leisure time. The luminosity of each backlit color is adjustable.
- R/L buttons to the front of the keyboard and Reduced 21 needless keys compared to the old models. Go R9 wireless keyboard, no more pointing, and clicking.
- Compatible with FireStick and Android TV box KODI Media Player Application, including Raspberry Pi, PC, Xbox 360, PS 3, and more.
Pros and Cons
- Responsive keyboard buttons with a great layout
- Great backlight feature with limitless color selections, can change colors randomly
- Rechargeable battery, charging cable is included
- Easy to set up although it uses a dongle with the included adapter
- Need adapter since its a 2.4Ghz wireless keyboard (although the adapter is included)
- Traditional QWERTY layout
- The included silicone sleeve allows you to combine the iPazzPort and the existing TV remote into a single unit
- Easily connects with your device via included Bluetooth function
- work for smart tv, android tv box, allows you to easily enter text for searches and other purposes
Pros and Cons
- Reliable Bluetooth connection
- Intuitive silicone case design to attach your Firestick remote together with the keyboard as a single unit
- Extra shortcut buttons,
- Long-lasting and rechargeable battery
- Compatible with other smart TV sticks
- Doesn’t include a touchpad/trackpad
- Key sizes might be too small for thicker thumbs
- Innovative and compact QWERTY keyboard with touchpad that provides comfort combined with the freedom of wireless connectivity. Connect to all of your favorite devices with this wireless keyboard.
- Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity with a working range of 33ft/10m, easily connects and controls Bluetooth devices with this wireless keyboard.
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 10 days of continuous working time and up to 50 days of standby time. The LED indicators notify when the battery is low and when it is fully charged. Charging via the included USB cable is simple and easy
- The convenient backlit keyboard is perfect for use in a dark environment
- Limited lifetime warranty
Pros and Cons
- Excellent keyboard layout that also includes an intuitive touchpad
- Soft keys, easy to type with
- Long-lasting battery life, rechargeable
- Durable, high-quality build
- Complete row of shortcut keys, very useful for various purposes, including adjusting Firestick volume with just a single tap
- No IR learning feature
- Touchpad’s location might make some keys difficult to reach
As you can see you have many options when choosing the best keyboard for Amazon Fire TV stick.
There are so many different products available in the market, and each product offers its unique features from ergonomics design, shortcut buttons, touchpad, backlight, and other features.
Our top pick for the best keyboard for Amazon Fire TV Stick goes to: Fosmon Mini Bluetooth Keyboard
However, that’s not saying the others on this list are bad products. We are confident that based on our tests, the ten keyboards we have reviewed are indeed the best choices you have right now.
If you liked this article, we think you’ll like these articles too: