Move over Nvidia Shield TV, there’s a new kid in town and he’s a lot cheaper! Introducing the new MECOOL KM8 Android TV Box.
Both of these system we’ve reviewed here on AntennaJunkies.com. The new MECOOL KM8 2018 New Generation Smart Android 8.0 Box promises to be a major contender in this arena and cord-cutters like us should pay notice.
Now, I’m not going to suggest that MECOOL KM8 2018 New Generation Smart Android 8.0 Box is going to beat out the NVIDIA SHIELD TV in a hardware competition. The simple answer is, it’s not…and it’s not trying to.
At around $75.00, this box intends to compete more the Xiaomi Mi Box. My first impression and judging from the hardware specs it will easily do that. Let’s take a closer look.
MECOOL KM8 Android TV Box – Main Features
The MECOOL KM8 2018 New Generation Smart Android 8.0 Box boasts the following main features that makes it an ideal choice for those looking for the Android TV features at a price point that won’t break the bank.
- Android 8.0 operation system
- Amlogic S905X CPU, quad core, Cortex A53, 1.5GHz
- Mali 450 GPU, penta core
- 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
- 2.4GHz WiFi
- Support HDR10 4K
- Support Dolby audio
MECOOL KM8 Android TV Box – Specifications
Right away we see that the MECOOL KM8 2018 New Generation Smart Android 8.0 Box boasts some pretty good spec’s for a streaming box running the Android TV operating system for around $75.00.Let’s take a look at some of the general specifications.
- Brand: MECOOL
- Type: TV Box
- GPU: Mali-450
- CPU: Amlogic S905X
- Core: 1.5GHz,Cortex A53,Quad Core
- RAM: 2G
- RAM Type: DDR3
- ROM: 16G
- Max. Extended Capacity: TF card up to 64GB (not included)
Now let’s look at some of the supported media in this box.
- Decoder Format: “HD MPEG1/2/4,4K VP9,H.264,H.265
- Video format: ASF,AVI,DAT,FLV,H.264,ISO,MKV,MOV,MPEG,MPG,RM,RMVB,TS,VOB,WMV
- Audio format: AAC,APE,DDP,FLAC,HD,OGG,TrueHD,WAV,WMA
- Photo Format: BMP,JPEG,PNG,TIFF
- Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: Yes
MECOOL KM8 Android TV Box – Final Words
The MECOOL KM8 2018 New Generation Smart Android 8.0 Box promises to be another great addition to everything cord-cutting. With voice control, and easy 4K streaming it will be hard to ignore this little guy.
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out some of my other articles today:
- Best Android Box for IPTV
- Why You Need a VPN for IPTV
- How To Watch Live Sports Without Cable
- Next Gen TV – The Future Is Now!
- Sling TV vs Fubo TV – Which One Is Better?
- Best Coaxial Cable For HDTV
- What Is IPTV? Everything Cord Cutters Need To Know
- How To Watch IPTV On PC
- FREE TV – The Ultimate Cord Cutters Guide
- Are VPNs Safe? Find Out Here!
- HDHomeRun Premium TV Available Now!
- How To Watch Live TV On Your Computer
- MECOOL KM8 TV Box – Sorry Nvidia Shield TV
- Best Long Range Outdoor HDTV Antenna
- 7 Ways To Boost Your HDTV Antenna Signal!
- What Is The Best TV Antenna Signal Booster
- How To Properly Ground A TV Antenna
- Are 4K OTA Broadcasts Available Right Now?
- The Best HDTV Antenna Setup Right Now!
- The Best External HDTV Network Tuners
- Everything You Need To Know About ATSC 3.0
- Are IPTV Subscriptions Legal?
- How To Get A 4K Signal
- How To Watch TV While Camping
And if you haven’t already done so, be sure to check out my Top 10 Antenna Picks for this year and leave me a comment!